Join a diverse and inclusive work culture.
Our differences make us unique and stronger. Every day, you will work with colleagues from different cultures. You will be challenged to see things in a new way and you will experience why differences are a strength. We actively support diversity and inclusion. And we work for equality, ensuring we all have an equal opportunity to make the most of our talents.
The Commercial Coordinator provides project management support and cross functional co ordination across commercial, contractual and financial aspects of a project. The role will, in close coordination with the project and commercial managers, ensure the alignment of contractual and commercial matters throughout the lifecycle of a project. The person should be able to work on their own, be self-motivated and proactive.
- Support the claims and contract variation process from identification to resolution of change with the client and sub contractors
- Early identification of any issues or downward trends and support for implementation of preventative action to maintain target performance.
- Monitoring insurance requirements and ensure insurance Certificates of Currencies are in place (both FLSmidth and subcontractors)
- Coordination and management of bank guarantees and guarantee register (validity, expiry, return)
- Act as assistant to the Project Manager where applicable according to PM procedures
- Serve as first point of contact in responding to project emails, letters and phone calls
- Ensures critical project documentation is kept and stored on the relevant contract repositories
- Obtains the relevant financial input for project status meetings and reporting requirements from various stakeholders
- Provides support to the planner/scheduler and liaises with the responsible project team
- Identify cost saving opportunities and liaise with the project manager to ensure the project conforms to internal standards
- Ensures, by liaising with procurement personnel that the relevant commercial information and data is always up to date in the PM system
- Support and involvement in commercial evaluation of supply tenders
- Contributes in identifying and managing commercial project risks
- Supports the preparation of monthly and weekly project reports to the client
- Work experience in international major construction projects
- 7+ years' experience in project support or commercial support desirable
- Office Environment experience essential
- Commercial aptitude (Bank Guarantees, Claim Mgmt, Invoicing)
- Advanced Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills mandatory Epicor knowledge preferable
- Exercises latitude and commercial judgement
- Understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of poor quality
- Pro-active and takes initiative
- Team player, able to balance multiple team memberships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of drive and commitment
- Ability to work independently
- Competitive remuneration package on offer
- Job security in a volatile market. Since 1882, FLSmidth have operated successfully within a global environment
- Development and training within a respected global OEM company
- Access to salary packaging options to allow you to maximise your after tax income
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and immediate family.
- Purchased annual leave options
- Access to a recognition and benefits platform
- Involvement with community and charity initiatives
- Annual flu vaccination
FLSmidth is the leading supplier of engineering, equipment and service solutions to customers in the mining and cement industries – for more information please visit FLSmidth.com/careers
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: