Transition To Work Youth Development Coach
Join the passionate team at Workways delivering employment services across Australia!
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT COACH
About the Role
Youth Development Coaches (Transition to Work program) will be part of a dynamic and innovative team responsible for actively engaging and providing direct employment coaching to young people; offering guidance, career support and advocacy. Youth Development Coaches will use a strengths based assessment approach to focus on the abilities and aspirations of young people to maximise a sense of job choice and control over their employment pathway. Youth Development Coaches will also engage with employers, local services and the community to assist young people to addrss barriers to employment and match the young people with appropriate employment options.
You will possess excellent communication skills and be able to engage with a variety of stakeholders in a professional manner. You will also hold a current Working With Childrens Check.
Location: Warragul, VIC
Job ID: 21013
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a case load of young people who are experiencing unemployment including long term unemployment
- Reverse market young people and cold/warm calling directly to employers to increase employment outcomes
- Matching young people to employment vacancies in order to achieve program outcomes and individual KPIs
- Delivering job search preparation and training sessions/group based activities
- Coordinating access to support services, education and training providers, and ensure young people remain engaged
- Providing post placement support services to assist young people to retain their employment, education and training placements as an escalation point
- Developing tailored Career Pathway Plans for young people and ensure they are reviewed regularly to reflect their circumstances
We offer our staff attractive salary packaging and employment conditions, staff development programs, Health & Well Being initiatives including the Employee Assistance Program.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please click Apply Now to enter our online recruitment portal. Applications must include a resume, cover letter and quote the Job ID.
Applications close Thursday 22nd April 2021
Workways Australia Limited ACN 141 659 734.
Please note that the successful applicant will be subject to a satisfactory Police check and WWVC/WWCC/Blue Card (as required per State/Territory) as a pre-condition of employment.
Aboriginal, South Sea and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for this position.
If you have any questions regarding the role please contact . Apply via the Seek 'Apply Now' button or via the Workways online Careers Portal.
Workways Australia Ltd respectfully acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Victoria, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory and Queensland, and pays its respect to the ongoing living cultures of Aboriginal peoples
Desired Skills and Experience
To view a copy of the position description click on the below link.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: