Senior Software Development Engineer
Tanjil Bren, VIC
Acendre pioneered online talent management in Australia in 1997 and has grown to become an international leader in the market. Acendre’s mission is to help organisations recruit, engage, and develop their people. Our goal is to delight our customers with high quality SaaS products that deliver these essential human capital capabilities. Using advanced analytics, we provide our customers data-driven insights that enable them to optimise their people processes and their overall effectiveness. We believe that talent management technology - underpinned by people-centric analytics - is fundamental to enabling high organisational performance.
Otto Berkes is Acendre’s Chief Executive Officer. Otto has an extensive background in innovation including co-founding Xbox, leading the development of DirectX graphics, and building HBO’s streaming services. He and the Acendre team are passionate about the power of innovation and the opportunity to provide organisations fundamentally better ways to realize the full potential of their most critical resource: their people.
Acendre is backed by Strattam Capital who invests in established companies with high-quality products and services across three IT business market segments: enterprise software, digital infrastructure, and technology-enabled services.
About the Position
We are looking to expand our development team with the addition of a senior full stack SaaS engineer. You may be a mid-level engineer on the cusp of moving to senior responsibilities or a manager looking to return to a more hands-on role (or anything in between). It is important you demonstrate a passion for technology and a solid track-record of achievement. You will be working with the latest technologies in a highly innovative environment.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you are expected to apply high levels of technical knowledge and problem-solving skills to efficiently deliver quality software solutions. You will troubleshoot problems and undertake software development and maintenance projects, either independently or partnering with other software engineers and senior architects.
You will be a member of a Scrum team working closely with other software engineers, test analysts, product owners and architects in an adaptive, agile process. You will partake in estimating, planning, and managing all stories and tasks assigned to the team and be an active participant in all scrum ceremonies. You will demonstrate high levels of commitment and dedication, ensuring that when a job needs to be done, you stay on it and see it through, collaborating and ensuring good communication with team members and stakeholders.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities
- Work efficiently and collaboratively as a member of an Agile Scrum team
- Partake in estimating, planning, and managing all stories and tasks assigned to the team
- Be an active and involved participant in all aspects of the agile process/cycle
- Take overall responsibility for assigned stories and tasks
- Collaborate with testing focused software engineers on the Scrum team to assure delivery of a high quality product
- Understand and adhere to the definition-of-done (DoD)
- Participate in technical discussions ranging from current implementation challenges to architectural evolution of the product portfolio
- Create and maintain applicable documentation
- Work with the DevOps team to assure seamless delivery and operation of the product in production
- Occasionally work alongside, and in support of, DevOps activities outside of normal business hours.
Skills and Experience
- Self-motivated with strong task and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with an open and honest attitude
- Prior experience with Agile development methodologies (e.g., Scrum and Kanban)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lead and direct junior software engineers in small team environments
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills coupled with a collaborative approach
- Ability to own issues and follow through on solutions and projects
- 5+ years of full stack SaaS development experience using Agile methodologies
- Experience with current web technologies (e.g., Node.js, HTML/CSS, Angular 10+, React, Vue, REST, JSON…)
- Experience creating, deploying and managing/scaling micro services architectures
- Experience creating versioned public and private API’s
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline tools (e.g., CircleCI, Travis CI, Jenkins)
- Familiarity with container technologies (e.g., Docker and Kubernetes)
- Comfortable with general cloud-computing concepts and services (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP…)
- Understanding of T-SQL (Microsoft SQL Server 2019-2021)
Opportunities to Grow
As Acendre is growing rapidly, the role of Senior Software Development Engineer may evolve over time and additional responsibilities could emerge that can be explored as further growth opportunities.
What’s on Offer? (when the world returns to ‘normal’)
- Great location next door to Victoria Gardens Shopping Centre - close to public transport, pubs, and restaurants!
- Flexible work arrangements
- Shower and locker-room facilities
- Nearby gyms and bike-trails
- Birthday day-off
- Team ship-it celebrations
- Discounts on products and services through our third-party partners
A competitive compensation package will include a base salary, incentive plan, benefits, and equity participation.
A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Acendre is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: