Mechanical Project Engineer
Minprovise is an Australian privately owned and operated business, specialising in the supply and service of crushing and mineral processing (fixed plant) equipment to several major mining companies throughout Australia. We pride ourselves on providing specialised and quality services to our clients, ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget. The safety of our workforce is our priority.
About the opportunity
Our project services team are forecasted to grow rapidly over the coming months, and we are looking for the best of the best to join our organisation. We have multiple opportunities, for high energy, creative Project Engineers. Our ideal applicants have confidence, flair, sophistication and their engineering work is top class.
Minprovise has an incredible workplace culture and an amazing collaborative team environment. You love working with our incredible clients and … our clients will love you too. We enjoy robust professional discussions and identifying best practice to support our clients’ needs. Our winning applicants are solutions-focussed, thrive in dynamic environments and excel whether they’re in an airconditioned office, or out in the field, engineering all around Karratha.
A day on the job is summarised as:
- You work an awesome 8&6 roster, sometimes based in Welshpool, sometimes in Karratha and sometimes at one of our clients' sites.
- You will collaborate with clients, your fellow engineers and Minprovise key stakeholders to execute our client’s needs with innovation, with customer satisfaction at the heart of what you do.
- You scope small to medium-sized brownfields projects for mining, metals, minerals and gas clients. Projects range from extremely outside-of-the-box, to stock standard, regional or metro based.
- You prepare on point cost estimates for site execution works, establishing norms and compiling data to build up your main cost estimates.
- You develop construction schedules using MS Project & Primavera, like it’s a piece of artwork.
- You support the tendering process, with submissions, engineering designs, field observations and just generally being an awesome team player.
- Because you are a continuous improvement enthusiast, you drive pre-mob and post-mob activities.
The application that will stand out from the pack will demonstrate:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Project Engineering. We are looking for our future leaders.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Really outstanding communication skills. You are likely to be a popular person in your group of mates.
- A creative and innovative thinker, who is not afraid to suggest outside of the square solutions.
- Street cred – you have been to a few mine sites and your safety boots are well-worn in.
- Proficiency with Project, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications, as well as Primavera.
What we offer
We offer the standard things that you would expect, including competitive remuneration and career growth opportunities. What you may not expect, is that we have: a vivacious office situated in Welshpool (just off Kewdale Road); free parking; a fully equipped kitchen with a café quality coffee machine; snacks for employees; a pretty awesome workplace culture and a growing employee benefits offering.
This is a permanent, full-time role, working an awesome 8&6 roster, days only.
Apply using the prompts provided. Please include a cover letter, outlining your remuneration expectations and availability to start.
We expect our ad to be popular, therefore we are not accepting referrals from agencies and we will only be in touch with applicants we want to interview. Interviews start when we see a resume that catches our eye!
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: